Chaos Faction Chaos Faction

Amazing!

This game is just plain hilarious. Having itty bitty little balls of whatever killing each other with whatever they can find. Personally, I like making a baseball bat-only game on the sumo stage. Awesome fun. Next time, however, make it multiplayer-able, perhaps online if you can.

Prince of War Prince of War

Great but...

This game was great. It was exactly like Battle for Gondor, except with a story and you can fight with troops. I can understand that a direct transition to fight with your troops can cause some bugs, but it's not like you can't fix em. Make the Health Bar on the HUD, or on a upper layer. Also, add some depth to the thing. You were always on a lower layer than the enemies. Make it so the greater the y value of something, the smaller depth it gets. Also, the enemies are all in a straight line. More dynamics? Moreover, I don't like the way you did the sword swip. The enemy has to be hitTesting the sword to get hit, right? Try instead of using your current method, try making something like if the x value between the target at you is... I dunno, 100, you're facing the enemy, and the y difference is less than 35 or something. That way, you can attack enemies when they're below you, and not when they're super-above you.

Thing-Thing 3 Thing-Thing 3

Good with a few flaws

I think I might be the only one that LIKES the recoil. It adds to the challenge of the game as well as some realism. The graphics were near perfection, but what I didn't like was that some of the old heads and bodies were gone. There goes my New Wave with a Black Tux. The other flaw is that enemies don't appear on top of roofs. I can understand that this may be a challenge, but try to do that next time. Other than those, this game rocks. Keep 'em coming.

Megaman X Next - The Game Megaman X Next - The Game

Great game but...

This game was really fun to play. However, there are a few things that are more than minor to fix. Lag is a major issue. Everything seemed to lag like crazy, maybe because of your engine. Try using something different, maybe tiles. Also, the jump is really bad. I know you probably tried to make it so you can cut your jump short, but still. Make it seem at least natural. Besides those and a few minor issues, this game has some good potential to be one of the best Megaman replicas ever.

maelstormm responds:

Lag was caused by how flash handles code later in the timeline. Not sure how or why it does it, but it does it. Stages that were coded in first (Gorillon/Thunder Gull) have like no lag using the same code. Stages coded in later (Tsunami Drake/Final ones) somehow get slowed down by the earlier ones. Soon as I went about starting the remix version that handles the stages differently, instantly had no lag at all. Weird shizzle.

Mason's Bubble Blast Mason's Bubble Blast

OK...

The game was short and OK, but a bit... easy. Well, it's for a little kid, so yah. Nice Alloy cameo though. He owned anything. Next time you make a game, keep this in mind. Don't make the kid hump air. It's very... disturbing.

MindChamber responds:

yah, it was my attempt at a kid swaying in place.. kinda like a kid with too much energy. didnt come out as planned tho.

Katamari Flash Katamari Flash

Decent

This is a decent Katamari remake, but could use some iffing. Usually with vectors, it lags a LOT! Might I recommend using bitmaps for the people, it may increase size, but it reduces lag. Also, make a bigger area and collision! If you want to put something in (besides streets), make them pick up-able. The Katamari controls would be good, too. I missed the speed up. Also, it felt like I was going so slow, I was going backwards. Try making the speed relevant to the size. That's all I can say to you, I just hope you make it better next time!

Foreverkul responds:

Thanks you the suggestions and support :D
I know it lags a lot and converting all the things into bitmaps would take time.

Fire Man - Incoming Storm Fire Man - Incoming Storm

Nice work!

This game is da bomb. Don't we all hate Metools? The reason why I gave you a 9 on graphics is because I know with sprites it's hard to blend the older pre-Megaman 6 or so with the post-Megaman 6 sprites. But it just sort of messes up the feel. Other than that, it's good. It would've been better to use just Battle Network Sprites or something.

PS: The dude's name IS Fireman. Stupid 4kids (I think) or some other dubbing place renamed him to Torchman. Don't trust the TV!

OBS: Three Panel Comics OBS: Three Panel Comics

Doode it rocks!

Hilarious. Plain Hilarious! You have a good talent!

WaldFlieger responds:

Thanks a lot! That means a lot to me.

Actionscript 2.0 tutorial Actionscript 2.0 tutorial

Nice place to start

The typing effect got on my nerves. SERIOUSLY. It took too long. Anyways, it's a good tut

evestraw responds:

thanks for youre review but the typing effect was the style but i could maybe make it a little darker

Gunny bunny++ Gunny bunny++

Great

The best shooter on NG. Here's a bug though. You can tab-cheat to use the swords.